The Social Innovation Forum (SIF) is looking to welcome eight impactful, grassroots nonprofits into this upcoming year's Social Innovator Accelerator Program.
SIF creates positive social change in Greater Boston by engaging leaders, strengthening organizations, and building networks.
About the Social Innovator Accelerator
Each selected organization, a Social Innovator, receives access to cash and in-kind benefits valued at more than $150,000 that include:
- Six months of consulting services focused on developing written materials, visual materials, and presentation skills for a funder/investor audience.
- Presentation and networking opportunities with funders/investors, including at the Social Innovator Showcase in May 2023
- Membership in a cohort with other grassroots nonprofit leaders
- Five months of executive coaching to focus on promoting professional growth for the leadership team
- $10,000 cash upon completion of the consulting engagement
- Support from SIF’s in-kind partners (e.g., legal, graphic design, PR, technology)
- $2,500 capacity building grant in 2024
- Ongoing support through the Social Innovator Accelerator Alumni program
- 1 “lead” Innovator (typically Executive Director or Program Director)
- Optional: 1-3 other staff to support decision making on materials and participate in executive coaching
- This is a two year capacity building program (Launching in December 2022 - closing in December 2024)
- 6-8 hours per week from December 2022 - May 2023
- 6-8 hours per month from June 2023 - December 2024
- Application & Selection Process Timeline
- Step 1: Review the Applicant Guide to confirm eligibility
- Step 2: Complete a first round application by creating an account here.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Wednesday, July 13, at 5:00 pm; however, early submissions are highly encouraged.
- We will select one nonprofit on each of the eight social issue tracks. The Social Innovator Accelerator selection process is very competitive, and demand far outpaces available resources. Each year we receive an average of 100 applications and select eight Social Innovators.
- Feel free to give us a call at 978.344.2622 or send our team an email at email@example.com for any questions about the application process.