The Social Innovation Forum believes that social innovation is critical to ensuring that our public and private resources are leveraged in the most effective ways to address social problems. Yet, it is often difficult for emerging innovations to receive the recognition and support they need to develop and spread their impact. The Social Innovation Forum provides a unique opportunity for innovative nonprofits to gain visibility, expand their networks, and build capacity.
Benefits to Social Innovators
- Five months of consulting services focused on enhancing the organization’s ability to articulate the social problem it is addressing, its innovative approach, and its social impact. The consulting engagement culminates in the development of the following materials designed for funder/investor audiences:
- Written investment prospectus
- Five-minute pitch (with PowerPoint slides)
- Five months of executive coaching
- $10,000 cash upon completion of the consulting engagement
- Showcasing via numerous events, including a spring Showcase (May 14, 2018) that annually attracts more than 350 business leaders, institutional funders, and individual philanthropists
- Networking and relationship-building support
- Graphic design services
- Presentation coaching
- Additional support from SIF’s in-kind partners (e.g., legal, graphic design, PR, technology)
- $2,500 capacity building grant in the second year
The Social Innovation Forum’s nonprofit tracks are open to programs and organizations that:
- Are a registered 501(c)(3) or use a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)(3) unless otherwise noted in the track description
- Address a specific social need as described in at least one of our social issue tracks
- Are working in the greater Boston area, unless otherwise noted in the track description
- Have been operating for at least one cycle (usually a year) and have a proven concept
- Have a minimum of 1.5 FTEs (full-time equivalents — counting full and part-time staff, not volunteers)
- Have an annual operating budget of $100,000–$2 million*
- Are at an inflection point in their growth and development
*Note: Organizations with budgets greater than $2 million are welcome to submit an application for a specific program/initiative that has a total budget of less than that amount. In these cases, the entire application must refer to the program/initiative, not the parent organization.
How to Apply
The application process is currently closed. Applications for the next cohort of the Social Innovator Accelerator will open in June 2018.